- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we might share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices in regard to your personal information
- How you can access and update your information
Information We Collect
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We receive and may store any information you provide on our website or in our stores. For example, we collect information from you upon placing an order, creating an account, calling us with any inquiries, creating a wish list or using any of our services.
You share information with us in multiple ways in our retail stores and online. Some examples of sharing your information with us are when you:
- Make an in-store or online purchase, or make any other transaction with us;
- Create an account on one of our online websites;
- Use a gift registry or create a mobile shopping list;
- Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit card number and other payment information
- Your driver's license number
- Credit application information, such as your Social Security number
- Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences
- send unsolicited or unauthorized email on behalf of CASAVELVET, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
You also provide us information in other ways through technology use. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly, provide a more individualized experience, and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services.
Here are some examples:
- Device Information:We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information:We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you.
- Location Information:We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. For example, your device’s GPS signal allows us to show you the nearest CASAVELVET stores. We may be able to recognize the location of a mobile device in stores where we provide customers free Wi-Fi access. To allow any application to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your mobile device's settings to allow the use of technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS signals, cell tower position, or other technologies. CASAVELVET has no control over your device's settings.
- Cameras:We operate cameras in store for security and operational purposes such as helping us improve the design of our stores to better serve our customers.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. This helps us update, expand and analyze our records and identify new customers.
We collect data that's publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social network, such as Facebook) can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are solely responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We may also obtain information provided by a third party. For instance, we obtain information from companies that can improve our existing customer information to increase the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (for example, adding address information).
This improves the process by which we contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by offering better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
AUTOMATED INFORMATION COLLECTION
We collect information related to your interactions with our website to create a greater, individually tailored shopping experience, whether you are online or in our stores. This information includes your IP address, browsing behavior while on our site, browser and device characteristics, referring URLs, and any applicable information sent from third-party applications, such as Facebook.
This information, including the pages you visit on our site, which web address you came from, the type of browser/device/hardware you are using, search terms and IP-based geographic location, helps us recognize you, customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant to you.
This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies, including but not limited to various types of cookies, web beacons, and tags. Our website is not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers. These technologies may also allow us to identify you as a particular CASAVELVET retail store customer when you visit our website, and to link your activities on our website to your interactions with us in our stores.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information about our products and services in our stores, website, or mobile website, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with CASAVELVET on social media platforms
- Provide services such as a shopping list
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website, such as product reviews or marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- Processing CASAVELVET credit applications
- Identifying you on our website and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our website and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online
- Facilitating interactions with CASAVELVET and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g. product recalls)
For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries.
We will retain your information for the time that your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share the information we collect from you with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, marketing communications, mobile marketing, research analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center service providers, sweepstakes vendors, credit providers, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement, or fraud prevention providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose other than what is stated above.
ELSEWHERE AT YOUR DIRECTION
At your request, we may share your information. For example, if you create a gift registry or shopping list and elect to make it available to the public, your information will be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications, and on kiosks in our stores.
We may share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event. We also may retain a copy of the information.
We may share personal information in connection with financial products or services related to our business such as private label credit cards. We may also share personal information in connection with co-branded product or service offerings. For example, if you apply for third party financing, we may share your personal information with the necessary vendor.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We maintain rigorous administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database or system is absolutely secure or "hacker proof." You will also be responsible for taking reasonable precautions and steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that appears like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and because of that you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the CASAVELVET.com features.
Your Choices Regarding the Information We Collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, or phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
If you do not wish to receive catalogs, coupons, and other promotional mail, contact us
If you do not wish to receive promotional telephone calls, contact us
This opt out does not apply to operational phone calls, for example, confirmation of delivery address.
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, contact us
This opt out does not apply to operational phone calls, for example, confirmation of delivery address.
We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to mobile devices of customers who have requested this service via an opt in request. Specific opt out instruction will be contained in each text message.
To do any of the above, you may also let us know by sending a letter with your request and current contact information to:
CASAVELVET Attention: Marketing Department Mulberry, 1950 North Ruby Street, Melrose Park, IL 60160
PROTECTING CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
CASAVELVET does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may only use CASAVELVET.com with parent or guardian permission and supervision. We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
If you have created a CASAVELVET.com account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
Contact us with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.