Thank you for allowing Casavelvet to furnish your home.
Your Casavelvet furniture is made for living! Here are a few maintenance suggestions to help sustain the life of your quality, upholstered furniture.
- Arrange your furniture with the environment in mind. Protect your upholstery from sunlight, excessive humidity and dryness by carefully choosing where your furniture will be placed.
- Vacuum your furniture regularly using a soft brush attachment.
- Blot spills immediately with a clean dry white cloth. If the spill becomes a stain, check the fabric's cleaning instructions. Instructions can be found under the center seat cushion.
- Furniture is for living, however, two common things can decrease the lifespan of your upholstery fabric: allowing pets on the furniture and placing newspaper on the furniture.
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight, as sunlight causes fading.
- Avoid extreme changes in temperature by arranging furniture away from radiators, heat and air vents and air conditioning units.
- Avoid placing plastic or rubber materials (lamp bases, notebooks, placemats, etc.) on your furniture, as certain plastics contain ingredients that may damage the finish.
- Periodically rotate accessories on furniture so they do not sit in the same spot all the time.
- Use pads, cloth or felt to protect the furniture surface from plastic, rubber, hot dishes, beverages, bookends, flowerpots and vases.
- Clean up spills immediately. Use a blotting rather than a wiping action. Water left over a long period of time will cause white spots in the finish. Alcohol, perfume, after-shave and medications can cause severe finish damage.
- Use a protective pad when writing with a ballpoint pen on the furniture surface.
- Lift and place objects rather than dragging them across the furniture surface.
- Avoid placing furniture directly under windows.